Latest News in Engineering, Mathematics, & Computing from Top Sources
Welcome to OneStep Industry News.
News items from a range of Engineering, Mathematics and Computing Industry News
services are displayed below. Select from the list of available newsfeeds to view
individual feeds or feeds grouped by subject. Use the search facility to search
across all newsfeeds. More information about
the service and help
instructions are available.
- Mars rover scientist, SpaceX engineer join NASA astronaut corps 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (Reuters) - NASA named 12 astronauts on Wednesday to the U.S. space agency's first new class of space fliers in five years, chosen from a record 18,300 applicants, for a new era of space travel.
Reuters: Science News
- How Will the U.S. Replace its Aging Engineering Workforce? 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
As more U.S. engineers retire, the U.S. education system will be taxed to provide enough native-born replacement engineers. Or, this may require foreign-born engineers as replacements. Power Electronics News
- Research Program Seeks Advances in Wide-Bandgap Power Semiconductors 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
Pinpointing and developing new semiconductor materials, architectures, and fabrication processes is the charter of ARPA-Eâ€™s SWITCHES project. Power Electronics News
- Design FAQ: Protect Equipment from Earth Leakage and Ground Faults 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
Sponsored by: Altech Corp Power Electronics News
- Design FAQ: Alternative Solutions for Backup Power 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
Sponsored by Altech Corp. Power Electronics News
- Scope Features 4, 6, or 8 Input Channels, Touchscreen Display 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
A new digital storage oscilloscope supports reconfigurable analog and digital inputs, and can operate as a Windows computer. Power Electronics News
- ÂµClamp 3381P Protects Against Transients 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
Semtech Corporation announced the ÂµClampÂ® 3381P, a single-line, 3.3V surge rated transient voltage suppression (TVS) device for safeguarding industrial and consumer interfaces against transient voltage threats.
The ÂµClamp3381P achieves an unmatched s Power Electronics News
- Automotive Power Integrated Module Solution for Next Generation Automotive BLDC Systems 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
ON Semiconductor expanded its portfolio of automotive Power Integrated Modules (PIMs) with the introduction of the STK984-190-E. Optimized for driving 3-phase brushless DC motors in modern automotive applications, this module contains six 40 V, 30 A Power Electronics News
- 240 kHz Bandwidth, High-Precision, Field Programmable Linear Hall-Sensor IC 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
Allegro MicroSystems, LLC announces a new field programmable linear Hall-effect current sensor IC with features including a 240 kHz bandwidth, integrated voltage regulator, reverse battery protection, user-selectable ratiometry, and uni- or bi-direct Power Electronics News
- LED Driver ICs Reduce Complexity in Bulbs, Tubes and Ballasts up to 22 W 23/Jun/17 08:00pm
Power Integrations announced its LYTSwitch-1 single-stage, non-isolated, buck topology LED driver IC family. Featuring a very compact footprint, the IC enables the design of LED bulbs and tubes with high constant-current accuracy while using a minimu Power Electronics News