Latest News in Engineering, Mathematics, & Computing from Top Sources
Welcome to OneStep Industry News.
News items from a range of Engineering, Mathematics and Computing Industry News
services are displayed below. Select from the list of available newsfeeds to view
individual feeds or feeds grouped by subject. Use the search facility to search
across all newsfeeds. More information about
the service and help
instructions are available.
- Integrated Isolation Barrier Technology Enables Digital Isolators to Protect System Integrity 29/Apr/17 12:00pm
Integrating an isolation barrier into a power IC is an example of how packaging technology has advanced the semiconductor state-of-the art. This technology enables these devices to perform as digital isolators and also allows the isolation capability to control high voltage outputs with low voltage logic inputs. Power Electronics News
- 'I feel violated': Engineer who pointed out traffic signals flaw fined for 'unlicensed engineering' 29/Apr/17 12:00pm
Welcome to the crazy world of Oregon state law
Interview Last year, Mats JÃ¤rlstrÃ¶m was fined $500 for revealing troubling flaws in the mathematical formula used to govern the timing of US traffic lights.â€¦ The Register
- California fossils, stone tools may rewrite New World human history 29/Apr/17 12:00pm
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In what may be one of the most significant discoveries ever in archeology in the Americas, researchers on Wednesday said stone tools and broken mastodon bones unearthed in California show humans had reached the Americas by about 130,000 years ago, far earlier than previously known.
Reuters: Science News
- Trump talks about Mars mission on call with record-breaking astronaut 29/Apr/17 12:00pm
(Reuters) - U.S. astronaut Peggy Whitson broke the 534-day U.S. record for cumulative time in space on Monday and marked the occasion by speaking with President Donald Trump about plans for human trips to Mars.
Reuters: Science News
- Daniel Zuo: Creative approaches to connectivity 29/Apr/17 08:00am
MIT senior and Marshall Scholar will pursue research on algorithms to improve computer networks. MIT News - Computer science
- Cutting down the clutter in online conversations 29/Apr/17 08:00am
â€œWikumâ€ system from CSAIL researchers provides readers with detailed summaries of online discussions. MIT News - Computer science
- Split-second data mapping 29/Apr/17 08:00am
New type of database-analytics platform queries and maps billions of data points in milliseconds. MIT News - Computer science
- Model sheds light on purpose of inhibitory neurons 29/Apr/17 08:00am
Study suggests computational role for neurons that prevent other neurons from firing. MIT News - Computer science
- Making big data manageable 29/Apr/17 08:00am
Technique shrinks data sets while preserving their fundamental mathematical relationships. MIT News - Computer science
- Helping policy and technology work together 29/Apr/17 08:00am
Engineering grad student Keertan Kini is working to strengthen the intersection of policy and technology. MIT News - Computer science