Latest News in Engineering, Mathematics, & Computing from Top Sources
Welcome to OneStep Industry News.
News items from a range of Engineering, Mathematics and Computing Industry News
services are displayed below. Select from the list of available newsfeeds to view
individual feeds or feeds grouped by subject. Use the search facility to search
across all newsfeeds. More information about
the service and help
instructions are available.
- Australia scientists uncover dinosaur footprint that may be world's largest 28/Mar/17 08:00pm
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Scientists have found what could be the world's largest dinosaur footprint - measuring nearly 1.7 metres (5.6 ft) - on a remote part of Australia's northwestern coastline.
Reuters: Science News
- Scientists launch campaign to restore Pluto to the planet club 28/Mar/17 08:00pm
(Reuters) - A team of scientists seeking to restore Pluto to planethood launched a campaign on Tuesday to broaden the astronomical classifications which led to its demotion to a "dwarf planet" a decade ago.
Reuters: Science News
- Red Hat: OpenStack big, getting bigger, OpenShift fatter than Linux 28/Mar/17 08:00pm
IBM does help, too
OpenStack drove a chunk of Red Hatâ€™s largest deals during the fourth quarter, with cloud proving more lucrative than its trademark Linux business.â€¦ The Register
- RIP: Antivirus veteran Raimund Genes, 54 28/Mar/17 08:00pm
Trend Micro CTO suffered fatal heart attack
Colleagues and friends are mourning the sudden death of distinguished antivirus industry veteran Raimund Genes last Friday.â€¦ The Register
- Your data is not safe. Here's how to lock it down 28/Mar/17 08:00pm
- Trick out your house with tech for the holidays 28/Mar/17 08:00pm
- MIT experts urge Trump administration to take immediate action on cybersecurity 28/Mar/17 04:00pm
Report warns of hacking risk to electric grid, oil pipelines, and other critical infrastructure.
MIT News - Computer science
- Ex-broadband biz 186k hit by major outage 28/Mar/17 04:00pm
You mean they still have some customers left?
Long-suffering customers of troubled hosting provider 186k are unable to access the firm's hosting and email services in what appears to be a major outage.â€¦
- EE scrap connection fee... to hike broadband and telly packages 28/Mar/17 04:00pm
Due to investment in content, it reckons
Mobile operator EE has confirmed it will be hiking the prices of new customer contracts on its broadband and TV packages.â€¦ The Register
- Oracle doing due diligence on Accenture. Yep, you read that right 28/Mar/17 04:00pm
Big Red hires consultancies to eye up consultancy
Exclusive Oracle has hired global specialists to explore the feasibility of buying multi-billion dollar consultancy Accenture, sources have told us.â€¦ The Register